Find out about what your pupils think to help form your Self Evaluation and inform your School Development.
The online survey can be completed by an unlimited number of pupils from up to a maximum of 30 different classes in up to 14 year groups.
When all the online surveys have been submitted, normally within 24 hours, you are provided with the following:
- Overall report: A quick overview of the responses by number and percent. Sample here.
- Question report by gender: Each question presented in a pie chart with gender comparison. Sample here.
- Class comparison: How each question was answered by each class. Sample here.
- Year group comparison: as class comparison, but by year group. Sample here.
- Basic tables of all the data collected.
- An editable word document* of all the comments when the 'other' option is chosen.
- An editable word document* of the 'Is there anything else you would like to tell us?' question.
*PrimaryTools does not check responses and it is advised that they are vetted before being shared.
What questions are included?
Pupils are asked for their class, year group and gender, but not for their names. Due to the online nature of the survey, it may not be accessible to pupils in Year 1 and under. You can see a sample survey here. For younger pupils, a simplified paper version using smiley faces can be downloaded here should you wish to survey and collate the data yourself. The questions come in the form of statements where the pupils choose agree, disagree or other (with the option of adding a comment)
- I am happy at school
- I feel safe at school
- School deals well with bullying
- I have someone I can talk to if I am worried
- School teaches me how to keep healthy
- I know how to stay safe online
- I have lots of chances to do exercise at school
- I am learning well at school
- Teachers help me to learn and help me with problems
- My homework helps me improve my learning
- Children behave well and I can get my work done
- Adults treat all children fairly and with respect
- School listens to what we have to say about the school
- I am encouraged to do things by myself and be responsible
- Is there anything else you want to tell us? (This is an open text question)
Plus you can choose up to 3 of your own additional statements to add to the above (at an additional cost).
How does the process work?
- Complete the form requesting the survey, agreeing to the terms, and including any additional questions you require.
- You will then be emailed a link to the survey using google forms. You can place this on a website, VLE or as a link on a shared network drive.
- When all responses are submitted, normally within 24 hours, Primary Tools will collate the data and send you the reports (samples can be found above) together with an invoice.
Primary Tools has to access the data in order to process it. The information is sensitive and confidential, and will never be shared with any third party.
What does it cost?
The minimum charge is £50 which includes responses from 100 pupils. Additional pupils are charged at 10p each. Option of up to 3 additional statements in the survey is £10. Examples:
- Survey of 50 responses: £50 minimum charge
- Survey of 100 responses: £50 minimum charge
- Survey of 200 responses: £50 minimum charge + 10p x 100 extra responses = £60
- Survey of 400 responses including 2 additional statements: £50 minimum charge + 10p x 300 extra responses + £10 for up to 3 additional statements = £90
Ordering the survey:
Simply complete the form here to get started. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.